Saturday, March 1, 2014

Mini Makeovers at Country Living

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download

A while back I was asked if I would contribute a photo and idea for a story on Country Livings website.  It was all about quick mini-makeovers... I spent a few days thinking it over and kept coming back to the pantry post I had done a couple weeks before.  As a busy mom myself, nothing makes me feel better than a makeover that is quick and easy and combines organizing and decor all in one.    

Above is the photo I sent them... I had such a great time rearranging our pantry and took the opportunity to give our old cabinet a little makeover at the same time.  

BEFORE:


 As you know, I love the old cabinet we use as a pantry but the inside did look a little rough.  Although the outside is painted white, I had never done anything inside other than give it a thorough cleaning.  I actually like the all wood interior in its natural state, but I thought the door could use a little freshening.  So I painted a coat of white on and then a light coat of ASCP in Paris Grey, followed with a little clear wax.  

AFTER:


I love the way it turned out... it not only looks better, but feels better to the touch.  In addition, I put a coat of ASCP Paris Grey on the lower shelf, which is the only part of the cabinet that is not original.     


You can find the tips I shared here, along with several other great ideas shared by some fantastic bloggers (I love the sugared berries by Gourmandistan so much that I plan on making some to use for Jillians birthday cake coming up in a couple weeks).  Im so honored that Country Living asked me to be a part of 7 Mini-Makeovers You Can Finish Fast... I hope youll head over and check out all the inspiration! 


TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment