Monday, March 3, 2014

World Cup Fever and Twitter

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
Every web site on the internet seems to have something to say about the World Cup, so I thought I had better do my part and catch the fever! Have you caught it yet?

Dont worry, I think many of us are immune. Now dont get me wrong, I can understand excitement in sports of all kinds. I totally get caught up in football (not futbol) every Autumn. I watch the Niners when they suck. (Since 1992, I think) Thats devotion.

Its funny how soccer is the worlds most popular sport, but seems to be primarily a sport for children in America. I rarely meet anyone who played the game beyond middle-school. Aside from aficionados, we really only hear about soccer every four years, when the World Cup occurs. Thats when Americans become all abuzz about it. Suddenly everyone is a fan! When its all over we forget about it for another four years.

I do the same thing with curling. (Its the worlds most popular broom-related sport, yaknow) I get fascinated by it during the winter Olympics and vow to give it a shot myself. It looks like bowling: the kind of game anyone can play and drink beer at the same time. Unfortunately, there are about 2 curling rinks in California. So after two weeks of Olympics, I forget about curling for another four years.

So while soccer is not to my taste, I applaud all of you who are into it! I fully understand sports "fevers". Thankfully, most fevers go away shortly with a little bed rest and plenty of liquids.

Now lets see. Oh yeah, Twitter. Well it seems I am late to that party too. I tried a while back but didnt really get it, so I am now jumping into the fray again. I think I may actually be able to get more than a few followers now...enough to make it interesting! So if you are on Twitter, dial up my handle: MereMortalsWW. Totally lame username, but someone already has MereMortals. I like the spontaneity of Twitter and the fleeting nature of posts. Should be fun!

TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment